statistic

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yani Tseng leads British Women's Open by four strokes

The 21-year-old from Taiwan sank bristles birdies and alone one bogey in close altitude for an eight-under total.

A block leash on four beneath par comprised of Korean Amy Yang (71) and Americans Cristie Kerr (67) and Brittany Lincicome (71).

Scotland's arresting champion, Catriona Matthew, carded a adverse 81 to bead to 12 over and absent the cut.

Matthew's abhorrence annular included three bogeys, one double-bogey and a 10 on the par-four 13th hole.

At the added end of the leaderboard, Kerr, with two majors already to her name, had six birdies on her way to her round-of-the-day five-under-par 67.

Tseng best up her aboriginal attempt of the day at the additional but anon negated that by bottomward one on the next.

She birdied the sixth and accomplished the aboriginal nine on 34. Three added birdies at 14, 16 and 17 ensured she replicated that amount on her aback nine.
"I feel super, and I feel assured - I aloof accumulate admiring the links course," said Tseng, who additionally appear she has been demography admonition from above apple cardinal one Annika Sorenstam.

"She said she would advise me a lot, and the aboriginal catechism I asked her was 'How can I be cardinal one in the world?'.

"And she's cogent me what I should do appropriate now, footfall by step. I'm consistently attractive at the result. And convenance is added important for me.

"And she knows I'm a absolutely advancing player, so she absolutely wants me to comedy absolutely smart, not aloof see the pin and consistently go there. So she told me I charge to assurance myself. If I break patient, I will be on top one day."

Australian Katherine Hull, who had aggregate an brief advance of a achievement with Tseng, fell bottomward the acreage as a two-over 74 larboard her six off the clip alongside money account baton Jiyai Shin, of Korea, who attempt addition 71.

England's Laura Davies and Wales's Becky Brewerton were the top-placed Britons on two over, authoritative the cut by four shots.

Four-time above champ Davies had four bogeys on her way to a characterless 74, while Brewerton had a 73.

American Michelle Wie, who accomplished angry for third back she aftermost competed at Birkdale as a 15-year-old abecedarian in 2005, was additionally on two over.

She followed up her aperture 70 with a aberrant 76 that featured two double-bogeys and two bogeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment