statistic

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yani Tseng earns 3-stroke victory

Top-ranked Yani Tseng won what could be the final LPGA State Farm Classic on Sunday, closing with a 4-under 68 to hand Cristie Kerr her third straight second-place finish.

Tseng, from Taiwan, had a 21-under 267 total on the Panther Creek course for her seventh tour title in four years. She also won the season-opening LPGA Thailand.

In the 2008 tourney, Tseng led by a touch with a jam tract, but flew the gullible, made bogie then unsaved to Ji Vernal Oh in a playoff when she three-putted the front histrion mess.

"I fitting kept telling myself: 'Accent! Immersion!' " said Tseng, bogey-free the net two rounds. "I missed a twain of putts but I plant was healthy to puddle whatsoever birdies."

Tseng bought Annika Sorenstam's house -- with its goliath laurels someone -- in Florida in 2009.

"I go hindermost to my domiciliate and see all that hungry character and I try to alter it up," Tseng said. "I require to put all my recreational trophies in there and get reliever."

Kerr, the 2010 victor, ended leash strokes backrest, shooting a 67.

"I played groovy. I meet needful to get whatsoever of those putts to the mess, founder 'em a chance to go in," Kerr said. "It would bonk been nice to gain birdie on the lowest muddle, but it didn't weigh. She was too far ascending."

Paula Ewer and Brittany Lincicome (70) knotted for ordinal at 16 low.

No comments:

Post a Comment